The Breakage Buster
Ziggeo has created The Breakage Buster which prevents you from losing videos during the recording process if you suddenly lose connection
What are Resumable Uploads (aka The Breakage Buster)?Resumable uploads — what we call The Breakage Buster — ensures that if an Internet connection is lost while videos are recorded or uploaded, videos won’t be lost. Instead, videos will be saved locally and will automatically be submitted once an Internet Connection is back up and running.
What does that mean?Here’s how our Resumable Uploads work:
- You start recording or uploading videos
- You suddenly lose internet connection
- The Breakage Buster goes into Action
- It caches your recording locally
- Once you have internet connection, videos are automatically submitted
- Locally saved videos by the Breakage Buster are automatically deleted (note: videos saved by you locally remain in tact)
Intended UseThe Breakage Buster is intended for:
- Anyone who experiences a loss of internet connection while recording or uploading
- Field journalists in remote areas who record or upload videos on the fly
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this option affect the upload speed?
No. This works in a completely different way. The uploads will happen as they would normally. If at some point our system detects errors when trying to talk with our servers it will immediately detect that as connection being down.
How can I turn on this option?
This feature is turned on by default, so just enjoy.
Is there a way for me to test out this?
Yes, just unplug your connection or turn off your WiFi as you are uploading video. Did that? Great. Now plug it back in. As you do the uploads will continue. Of course, you can wait more than a second to test it out. Waiting a minute or 5 will not make a difference for our system.