Why would a website choose video over written communication?
Videos Make Your Site Come Alive
- Video personalizes your site in a way written communication can’t
- Video offers a face and voice behind the founders, your customers and your community
- Videos speak to you (literally!)
Videos help with SEO
- Videos provide rich content that is favored by Google
- Search results may include thumbnails of videos which could rise to the top of search rankings
- With Ziggeo, the text of videos can be automatically transcribed and serve as keywords so videos become searchable
Video Recorder is Common and Accessible
- Since most people have a video recorder on their phones or web-camera on their computer — you can use video to enhance content on your site.
- Simply ask your community to record a video around something you care about that’s related to the site — a video review, a story on video, etc.
- With Ziggeo, videos captured by customers’ phones or webcam video recorder — any online video recorder — can be submitted directly to you.
Videos create authenticity
- Video creates authenticity behind your site and comments — decreasing the sense that comments are made up by bots
- Video enhances customer services — customers can record video using their phones or webcam recorder and reveal problems that can’t be captured by written comments
- Studies have shown that videos associated with products greatly increase the likelihood of purchase
Video Can Supplement Written Communication
- It’s not an either/or solution: video can supplement written communication — you can give your community a choice to record video or leave a written comment.
- Some individuals prefer to record a video over writing — others would never record a video — that’s why you want to give your community a choice
- If you ask your community to record video online, create a compelling reason; here are a few:
- design a contest that asks people to record a video as their entry
- stress how helpful videos can be for others
- ask candidates to record a video as an initial round of interviews (if they want the position, they’ll record a video)